Packer Operator Position
The Packer Operator maintains the intermodal ramp organization by utilizing heavy equipment to move containers as directed for production and shipping operations.This position is responsible for the safe and efficient movement of containers between the yard storage areas and the rail to include inbound outbound international and Ashley containers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Move empty and full containers into and out of the train, storage and onto trucks as directed by shipping, receiving and production; unlock/lock containers as appropriate.
- Perform vehicle inspection on all equipment.
- Move out-of-service containers in correct designated areas at each location.
- Maintain a clean and operational packer, notifying supervisor when repairs and/or maintenance are needed.
- Follow all safety rules for Packer operation including equipment checks, speed, courtesy and radio communication.
- Follow all policies and procedures for vehicle care, parking and maintenance.
- Maintain excellent customer service and relations.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings, training and education; assist with training other employees and providing back-up.
- Complete other special assignments and projects as requested.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in performance of all job functions
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) Required
- Class A CDL preferred